Terms and Conditions for Great North Lodges as at 02/08/17
- The Lodges: Please note that all Lodges are privately owned and Great North Lodges act only as booking agents. Please note that your booking is a direct contract between you and the individual lodge owner. Any difficulties or complaints while staying at the Lodges should be directed to the relevant owner – details are in each Lodge. The Lodges are: Beaver Creek Lodge (BCL), Wolf Lodge (WOL), Glenfeshie House (GFH), Twa Hoots Lodge (THL),Red Fox Lodge (FOX),Silver Birch Cottage (SBC), Heather Cottage (HCT), Eagle Lodge (EL), The Shieling (SH), Otter Pool Lodge (OPL), Red Squirrel Lodge (RSL), Pine Ridge Lodge (PRL), Burnside House (BH), Black Grouse Lodge (BGL)Rowan Cottage (RC), Old Mill on the Spey (OMOS), Two Farr Lodge(TFL), Cairn Lodge (CL), Highland Lodge Estate (HLE), Riverside Lodge (RL), The Post House (POH), Snowy River Lodge (SRL),Whisky Trail Lodge (WTL),Sky Mountain Lodge(SKML), Feshiebridge Cottage (FBC), The Crofts of Cairngorm(TCOC), Bracken House(BKH), Salmon Run Lodge(SAM), Hide Away Lodge (HAL),Wildcat Lodge (WCL), The Maltings (MALT) and Spey Cottage (SC), Woodlands Cottage (WOO), Four Pines Lodge (FPL), Reindeer House (RH), Croft Kincardine (CRO), Craig View (CV), Holly Lodge (HOL), Craggan Mill (CRAG), The Shambles (SHAM), The Neuk (NEUK) and The Eagle’s Nest (EAG).
- Reservation Deposit – Booking deposits are non-refundable. A booking deposit is payable as follows: £300.00 per let is required for BH, EL, SC, WOL, THL, CV, SBC, OPL, CL, RSL, FBC,BKH,SAM, FOX,WOO and HCT. £500.00 per let for BCL, GFH, CRAG, HAL, BGL, PRL, RC, TFL, SH, SKML, TCOC, OMOS, RL, POH, WTL, SRL, MALT, FPL, RH, CRO, SHAM, WCL, NEUK & EAG. Please note: That for Festive Weeks double deposits are payable to make a booking.
- The Breakage Deposit (Good Housekeeping Bond): The breakage deposit is a security bond made between the client (Principal Renter) and the property owner, which is taken on the understanding that the client will take care of and cause no damage to the property rented during their stay. Please note that all Lodges are privately owned and Great North Lodges act only as booking agents. Any difficulties or complaints while staying at the Lodges should be directed to the relevant owner . The principal renter agrees that the Breakage Deposit will be taken at the time of final payment or that any damages costs incurred (Including any charges relating to Hot Tubs) can be debited from the Debit/Credit card used to make final payment. Great North Lodges also undertakes to return the Breakage Deposit (or balance there-of) within 14 days of vacation or satisfaction of any remedial works required to meet the renters obligations in respect of the condition of the property (whichever is the later). Great North Lodges, reserve the right to charge the client automatically for any excess. If a breakage deposit payment is delayed after the 71 day due period a £10 + Vat Admin fee is payable.
- Reservations and payment of Rentals: Telephone reservations MUST be confirmed by payment of deposit, or final balance immediately. No extra charge is made for paying deposit by Credit Card provided all payments are received within our published schedule. A Credit Card handling charge of 1.5% of the balance will be applied to balance payments, for late payment for any reason. Should a material change be made to any confirmed reservation, a fee of £35.00 +VAT will be levied. Reservations are considered confirmed only on receipt of the Reservation deposit and subject to the acceptance of the reservation. The balance of the cost of your accommodation must be paid at least 71 days before your arrival date and will automatically be taken from the credit/debit card used to pay the deposit. When we receive the balance of payment, we will forward your arrival details. If you wish to make alternative payment arrangements you must contact us by telephone on 01479 812266 at least 48 hours before the due date for payment. Failure to pay the balance of rent by the due date will be treated, as cancellation and no refund will be made. If a bond payment is delayed after the 71 day due period a £10 + Vat Admin fee is payable.
- Payment: After a booking has been received and accepted with deposit paid, the client will be required to pay the full cost of the booking 71 days prior to the date of commencement of the rental period. Payments are made directly to Great North Lodges, please check with the GNL office. Cheques should be sent to Great North Lodges, Saltire House, Dalfaber Road, Aviemore, Inverness-shire, Scotland, PH22 1PU,
- Cancellations: If any booking is cancelled the full rental, or deposit is NOT refundable. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing and received before the due date. As our lodges are all privately, individually owned, it is not possible to switch any booking to another lodge within the group.
- Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance: It is strongly recommended that insurance be taken out for all bookings. Having to cancel your holiday for whatever reason is hard enough but the loss of Deposit or total rental can come as an additional setback. To minimise this unfortunate occurrence you should take out Holiday Insurance. When you reserve your holiday property you are entering into a legally binding contact. If you are unable to take your holiday property, then you will be liable to pay a Cancellation Charge and this could amount to the total cost of your holiday.
- Holiday Insurance: As well as Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance clients are strongly recommended to take out holiday insurance to cover loss or damage to personal effects. Under no circumstances can the owner of the lodges or agent be held liable for any loss or damage to clients’ property. Further information, about holiday insurance, can be found in banks, Post Offices, building societies and from the providers of your home and car insurance. GNL Ltd do not provide such insurance.
- VAT: VAT is charged on rental of OPL, for the avoidance of doubt, this is included in the rental tariff. There is no VAT on the rental of any of the other Lodges. We reserve the right to alter this at any time.
- Period of Let: This will normally be on a weekly basis from Friday to Friday, weekends or mid weeks. Rentals begin at 5.00pm (OPL 4pm) on the day of arrival and end at 10.00am on the day of departure. Any delayed departure may incur additional charges at our reasonable discretion.
- Damage: If there are any “accidents” or breakages during the stay please make a note and leave in the lodge for the housekeepers. You will be required to pay for replacements. The lodge will be cleaned before you arrive and it is expected that the private ownership of the lodge will be respected and that it will be left in decent order for the next guests. Any extra cleaning charges received by GNL, from the lodge owners, or our contract cleaners for excess cleaning, will be automatically passed on to the client.
- Christmas and New Year: Can only be accepted as week long bookings. All lodges will be tastefully decorated with Christmas trees.
- Restrictions on Rental: The owners reserve the right to refuse rentals or terminate a rental for improper use or unacceptable behaviour. Rentals will not be accepted in respect of any client under 21 years old. It is also as condition of booking that no Lodge can be sub-let to a Third Party by the Principal Guest. If this is found to be the case, the Third Party will have no legal right of occupancy and will be required to vacate the Lodge. If the party size exceeds the agreed maximum occupancy of the lodge, the owner may charge extra rental at their own discretion, or the let may be terminated early, with no refund.
- Dissatisfaction: Should a client be dissatisfied for whatever reason with the accommodation secured they must notify the Lodge Owners, Lodge maintenance Company, or the Great North Lodges office within 2 hours of arrival. The Client must also notify the Great North Lodges office immediately of any damage or defect detected during their stay. Failure to do so may result in the Client being liable to any damages or defects. The owners or their representative may inspect the property at any time during the rental period.
- Pets: Family pets can be taken to most of the lodges but must sleep in their own beds, not those at the lodges. Pets are not allowed on the furniture at the lodges and a small extra cleaning charge of £35 per pet. Please call GNL on 01479812266 to advise on breed and numbers. Dogs should not be left unattended. Must be kept on a lead and prohibited from fouling areas around the lodge. Any fouling must be cleaned up by the Dog’s owner. Please note NO PETS allowed in OPL, SAM, RL.
- Bed Linen: Bed linen and towels for maximum occupancy are provided in the lodges.
- Cots and High Chairs: Cots and High Chairs (One set per property) are provided free of charge but must be pre- booked prior to arrival. Bed linen & mattress are NOT provided for cots. Please note no cot or high chair is available for OPL.
- Telephone: pay Telephones are available in the following lodges: GFH.
- Bunk Beds: All bunk beds are 2’6” wide, except SRL, OMOS, TCOC, SRL and HLE which are 3’ wide.
- Liability and responsibility: Neither the owners nor the letting agents can be held responsible or accept any liability for loss, damage or injury sustained whilst on the properties.
- Exclusion of The Rent Act: The contract effected on confirmation of reservation relates to a holiday let only and is therefore not an assured tenancy in terms of Housing (Scotland) Act 1988. This confers on the client the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only, in terms of Schedule 4 Section of the aforementioned Act.
- Winter: It must be appreciated that the Lodges are situated in the Scottish Highlands where sometimes the weather can be severe. You must satisfy yourself that your clothing and footwear is adequate for any outdoor activity and you are properly equipped for the journey to the Lodge. As some of the lodges are in rural areas we recommend that you bring a torch.
- Adverse Travel Conditions: In the event of road closure due to adverse weather conditions or any form of 3rd party industrial action the owners or GNL LTD cannot be held responsible for non- arrival of clients at the lodges and no refunds will be given. 24. Utilities: Any failure of Utility Services to any lodges, e.g. electricity, water supply, waste water services, TV signal, Wifi, refuse collection, Oil or log delivery by third party suppliers which is totally beyond the control of the lodge owners. The owners cannot be held responsible in any way and no refunds will be given in the event of any supply or service failure.
- 6 Night Booking: Please note 6 night bookings will be charged at the same rate as weekly bookings.
- Digital Sky Television: The Sky TV package available varies from lodge to lodge, please check the individual lodge webpage for details. Any extra charges incurred by use of Sky interactive services (Red Button) will be charged directly to the client.
- Smoking: We request that you do not smoke in any of the lodges. External ashtrays are provided. If smoking has been found in the lodge a charge of £100 will be levied.
- Candles: Due to the high fire risk, candles are not allowed in the lodges.
- Items left in Lodge: A minimum administration fee of £5.00, plus any postage & packing will be levied for return of items left in the lodge after your stay. This service is administered by Lodge Owners and is not the responsibility of GNL LTD personnel.
- Hot Tub: Prior to your arrival at WCL, HC, HLE, BCL, WOL, HAL, RSL, PRL, SKML, TCOC, BH, RC,OMOS, TFL, BGL, EL, CL, SRL,BKH,SAM, WTL, RL, POH, MALT, FOX, FPL, RH, HOL, CRO, CRAG, SHAM, SH, NEUK and EAG you will be asked to sign a “Hot Tub Disclaimer” form, or submit online. This must be sent back to the GNL office, before a party can use the Tub. The party who signs the form will be held responsible for the Hot Tub operation during their stay. Please note that on occasion, for essential health & safety reasons, the water in the Tub may have to be changed before, or during your stay. This will make the Tub inoperable for up to 24 hours. Clients should be aware that this can happen. The Hot Tub must never be switched off at the mains during your stay. There may be an extra charge deducted from your bond, if the tub is switched off during your stay. *N.B For Health and Safety reasons, Hot Tub’s may have a scheduled water change on a Thursday and therefore it may not be possible to use the hot tub from this day.
- Development Works: Aviemore and Strathspey is currently undergoing a major expansion and improvement. New buildings and road works are evident. The owners have no control over these works and therefore have no liability for them regarding delays or nuisance
- Stair gates: The stair gates at TFL should be fitted and used only under adult supervision, and are used wholly at the clients own risk. There are also permantly fixed stair gates at MALT and PRL.
- Terms and Conditions: Great North Lodges reserves the right to change or amend their terms and conditions at any time. The owners reserve the right to change any of the specifications of the lodges at any time. Any changes in terms & conditions will appear on our website.
- Extraordinary Circumstances Clients should be aware that the Lodges are all privately owned. Great North Lodges, as agents on behalf of the owners, accept no liability, contractual or otherwise, for events totally beyond our control, e.g. destruction of property due to flood, fire, earthquakes or acts of God; or that the property is inhabitable due to irreparable damage or on Health & Safety issues that could not reasonably have been foreseen; or because of sale or withdrawal of property by the owners. Any arising issues regarding refund of rentals in such cases, will be a matter contractually between the client and the Lodge owners.
- Online Bookings – Completing the online booking process provisionally books the lodge, however online bookings are not confirmed until you receive email confirmation & receipt from our office, usually within 24 hours week days and 48 hours weekends.
- Privacy Notice – We retain information about you and your booking in our database, this consists of your name, address and contact details as well as the lodge you have booked or reserved. We retain some payment information until the booking process is complete and it is then destroyed. We use your information for our own marketing purposes only. We will only pass on any identifiable information about you if it is in connection with your booking and is absolutely necessary. We have guidelines put in place for our lodge owners and their contractors to also comply with the GDPR and they cannot use your data for any other purpose than your stay. You have the following rights, The right to be informed, The right of access, The right to rectification, The right to erase, The right to restrict processing, The right to data portability, The right to object, Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Great North Lodges Ltd
OPL Vat registration Number: 838 792 473, BGL Vat registration Number 179 5920 58
Great North Lodges Ltd
Great North Lodges LTD Vat registration Number 994 458 166
Tel: 01479 812 266
All major credit cards accepted