TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Lodges: Please note that all Lodges are privately owned and Great North Lodges act only as booking agents. Please note that your booking is a direct contract between you and the individual lodge owner. Any difficulties or complaints while staying at the Lodges should be directed to the relevant owner – details are in each Lodge. The Lodges are any property being currently marketed by Great North Lodges Ltd.
- DISCLAIMER for Hot Tub, Sauna, BBQ and Trampoline
- CORONAVIRUS – guests travel to the lodges and enter lodges at their own risk. Any symptoms and transmission of the virus must be reported to the office and NHS. Self isolation will not be permitted and guests will be asked to leave the property immediately if it is safe for them to do so. Any extended stay will be charged for at the tariff for the relevant week. Refunds will only be given in the event of travel restrictions preventing arrival to the lodge. Refunds will not be issued to guests who become ill before arrival. Refunds will be considered on a pro rata basis if the lodge has to be vacated early.
- Booking Deposit – Booking deposits are non-refundable. A booking deposit is payable to secure the booking of your holiday. The amount will be advised to you as part of the booking process and will vary depending on the lodge selected.
- The Breakage Deposit : The Breakage Deposit is a security bond made between the client (Principal Renter) and the property owner, which is taken on the understanding that the client will take care of and cause no damage to the property rented during their stay. Please note that all Lodges are privately owned and Great North Lodges act only as booking agents. Any difficulties or complaints while staying at the Lodges should be directed to the relevant owner . The Principal Renter agrees that the Breakage Deposit will be taken at the time of final payment or that any damages costs incurred (Including any charges relating to Hot Tubs) can be debited from the Debit/Credit card used to make final payment. Great North Lodges also undertakes to return the Breakage Deposit (or balance there-of) within 14 days of vacation or satisfaction of any remedial works required to meet the renters obligations in respect of the condition of the property (whichever is the later). Great North Lodges, reserve the right to charge the client automatically for any excess.
- Reservations and payment of Rentals: Telephone reservations MUST be confirmed by payment of deposit, or final balance immediately. No extra charge is made for paying deposit by Credit Card provided all payments are received within our published schedule. Reservations are considered confirmed only on receipt of the Booking Deposit and subject to the acceptance of the reservation. The balance of the cost of your accommodation will be requested before your arrival date. When we receive the balance of payment, we will forward your arrival details. If you wish to make alternative payment arrangements you must contact us by telephone on 01479 812266 at least 48 hours before the due date for payment. Failure to pay the balance of rent by the due date will be treated, as cancellation and no refund will be made.
- Payment: Payments are made directly to Great North Lodges Ltd.
- Cancellations: If any booking is cancelled the full rental, or deposit is NOT refundable. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing and received at least 14 days before the start date of your holiday. As our lodges are all privately, individually owned, it is not possible to switch any booking to another lodge within the group.
- Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance: It is strongly recommended that insurance be taken out for all bookings. Having to cancel your holiday for whatever reason is hard enough but the loss of Booking Deposit or total rental can come as an additional setback. To minimise this unfortunate occurrence you should take out Holiday Insurance. When you reserve your holiday property you are entering into a legally binding contact. If you are unable to take your holiday property, then you will be liable to pay a Cancellation Charge and this could amount to the total cost of your holiday.
- Holiday Insurance: As well as Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance clients are strongly recommended to take out holiday insurance to cover loss or damage to personal effects. Under no circumstances can the owner of the lodges or agent be held liable for any loss or damage to clients’ property. Further information, about holiday insurance, can be found in banks, Post Offices, building societies and from the providers of your home and car insurance. GNL Ltd do not provide such insurance.
- Period of Let: This will normally be on a weekly basis from Friday to Friday, weekends or mid weeks. Rentals begin at 5.00pm on the day of arrival and end at 10.00am on the day of departure. Any delayed departure may incur additional charges at our reasonable discretion.
- Damage: If there are any accidents or breakages during the stay please make a note and leave in the lodge for the housekeepers. You will be required to pay for replacements. The lodge will be cleaned before you arrive and it is expected that the private ownership of the lodge will be respected and that it will be left in decent order for the next guests. Any extra cleaning charges received by GNL, from the lodge owners, or our contract cleaners for excess cleaning, will be automatically passed on to the client.
- Christmas and New Year: Can only be accepted as week long bookings. All lodges will be tastefully decorated with Christmas trees.
- Restrictions on Rental: The owners reserve the right to refuse rentals or terminate a rental for improper use or unacceptable behaviour. Rentals will not be accepted in respect of any client under 21 years old. It is also as condition of booking that no Lodge can be sub-let to a Third Party by the Principal Renter. If this is found to be the case, the Third Party will have no legal right of occupancy and will be required to vacate the Lodge. If the party size exceeds the agreed maximum occupancy of the lodge, the owner may charge extra rental at their own discretion, or the let may be terminated early, with no refund. A number of our Lodges will not accept bookings from stag or hen parties. The owners reserve the right to terminate occupancy without refund, if these conditions are breached.
- Dissatisfaction: Should a client be dissatisfied for whatever reason with the accommodation secured they must notify the Lodge Owners, Lodge maintenance Company, or the Great North Lodges office within 2 hours of arrival. The Client must also notify the Great North Lodges office immediately of any damage or defect detected during their stay. Failure to do so may result in the Client being liable to any damages or defects. The owners or their representative may inspect the property at any time during the rental period.
- Pets: Family pets can be taken to most of the lodges but must sleep in their own beds, not those at the lodges. Pets are not allowed on the furniture at the lodges and a small extra cleaning charge of £35 per pet. Please call GNL on 01479812266 to advise on breed and numbers. Dogs should not be left unattended. Must be kept on a lead and prohibited from fouling areas around the lodge. Any fouling must be cleaned up by the Dog’s owner.
- Bed Linen: Bed linen and towels for maximum occupancy are provided in the lodges.
- Cots and High Chairs: Cots and High Chairs (One set per property) are provided free of charge but must be pre-booked prior to arrival. Bed linen & mattress are NOT provided for cots.
- Bunk Beds: All bunk beds are 2’6” wide.
- Liability and responsibility: Neither the owners nor the letting agents can be held responsible or accept any liability for loss, damage or injury sustained whilst on the properties.
- Exclusion of Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland Act 2016): The contract effected on confirmation of reservation relates to a holiday let only and is therefore not a private residential tenancy in terms of the Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland Act 2016). This confers on the client the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only.
- Winter: It must be appreciated that the Lodges are located in areas where sometimes the weather can be severe. You must satisfy yourself that your clothing and footwear is adequate for any outdoor activity and you are properly equipped for the journey to the Lodge. As some of the lodges are in rural areas we recommend that you bring a torch.
- Adverse Travel Conditions: In the event of road closure due to adverse weather conditions or any form of third party industrial action the lodge owners or Great North Lodges Ltd. cannot be held responsible for non- arrival of clients at the lodges and no refunds will be given.
- Utilities & Services: Any failure of any utilities or Services to any lodges, e.g. electricity, water supply, waste water services, TV signal, broadband, hot tub, refuse collection, Oil or log delivery by third party suppliers which is totally beyond the control of the lodge owners. The owners cannot be held responsible in any way and no refunds will be given in the event of any supply or service failure.
- Digital Sky Television: The Sky TV package available varies from lodge to lodge, please check the individual lodge webpage for details. Any extra charges incurred by use of Sky interactive services (Red Button) will be charged directly to the client.
- Smoking: We request that you do not smoke in any of the lodges. External ashtrays are provided. If smoking has been found in the lodge a charge of £100 will be levied.
- Candles: Due to the high fire risk, candles are not allowed in the lodges.
- Items left in Lodge: A minimum administration fee of £5.00, plus any postage & packing will be levied for return of items left in the lodge after your stay. This service is administered by Lodge Owners and is not the responsibility of Great North Lodges Ltd. personnel.
- Hot Tub: If your lodge has a hot tub prior to your arrival, you will receive a Disclaimer form, if you wish to opt out, you must email the office. The Principle Renter will be held responsible for the Hot Tub operation during their stay. Please note that on occasion, for essential health & safety reasons, the water in the Tub may have to be changed before, or during your stay. This will make the Tub inoperable for up to 24 hours. Clients should be aware that this can happen. The Hot Tub must never be switched off at the mains during your stay. There may be an extra charge deducted from your bond, if the tub is switched off during your stay. *N.B For Health and Safety reasons, Hot Tub’s may have a scheduled water change
- Maintenance – you may receive a visit from a tradesperson for grass cutting and window cleaning.
- Terms and Conditions: Great North Lodges reserves the right to change or amend their terms and conditions at any time. The owners reserve the right to change any of the specifications of the lodges at any time. Any changes in terms & conditions will appear on our website.
- Extraordinary Circumstances Clients should be aware that the Lodges are all privately owned. Great North Lodges, as agents on behalf of the owners, accept no liability, contractual or otherwise, for events totally beyond our control, e.g. destruction of property due to flood, fire, earthquakes or acts of God; or that the property is inhabitable due to irreparable damage or on Health & Safety issues that could not reasonably have been foreseen; or because of sale or withdrawal of property by the owners. Any arising issues regarding refund of rentals in such cases, will be a matter contractually between the client and the Lodge owners.
- Online Bookings – Completing the online booking process provisionally books the lodge, however online bookings are not confirmed until payment is received.
- Privacy Notice – We retain information about you and your booking in our database, this consists of your name, address and contact details as well as the lodge you have booked or reserved and payment dates. We retain some payment information until the booking process – including bond refund – is complete and it is then destroyed. This is done two weeks after your departure. We will only pass on any identifiable information about you if it is in connection with your booking and is absolutely necessary – eg. to rectify a maintenance issue. We have guidelines in place for our lodge owners and their contractors to also comply with GDPR and they cannot use your data for any other purpose than your stay. Your data is stored securely on our booking platform Bookalet, Bedford iLabStannard Way, Priory Business Park, Bedford, Bedfordshire. If you opt into our mailing list we will use your information for our own marketing purposes only. Our mailing list is held and processed by Mailchimp. You have the following rights, The right to be informed, The right of access, The right to rectification, The right to erase, The right to restrict processing, The right to data portability, The right to object, Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- Booking Fee- we have a £6 booking fee for properties sleeping 7 and under, and £11 for properties sleeping 8 and over.
- Admin Fee – We have a fee of £40 plus VAT for any agreed changes to your booking.
Great North Lodges Ltd.
The Office Saltire House, Dalfaber Road, Aviemore, PH22 1PU
Company Registration Number: SC148056
VAT Registration: 994 458 166