Travelling to Aviemore Scotland
Aviemore is easily accessable by road (A9 north from Perth, or south from Inverness) and rail (Aviemore Station). The nearest airport is Inverness, which is under 1 hours drive from Aviemore. Edinburgh and Glasgow airports are about 2 hours and 30 minutes and 3 hours and 15 minutes drive respectively.
- Virgin East Coast Trains
- Road Travel News
- Inverness Airport
- Stagecoach Bus Services
- City Link Bus Services
- Megabus Service
Places to visit, things to do …
- Visit Cairngorms
- What’s on calendar
- Visit Aviemore
- Cairngorm Brewery – Award winning Brewery in Aviemore, tour and shop.
- Visitor Attractions
- Landmark Visitor Centre
- Rothiemurchus Estate
- Castles and Historic sites
- Active Outdoor Pursuits – 5 Star Activity Provider in the Cairngorms, now offering Snowsports rental equipment right to your doorstep with our delivery service.
- G2 Outdoor, Aviemore – Wide range of outdoor activities for all the family.
- Go Outdoors – recommendations
- Aviemore Segway Treks
- Aviemore activities
- Speyside Distillery, Tromie Mills, Kingussie
- Free-Ski – Ski Instruction and Hire
- The Lecht
- The Ski School
- Full On Adventure – white water rafting, canyoning, kayaking – 01479 420123
- Ski Shack – Ski & Snowboard Hire, Instruction – 01479810145/07743302120
- Outdoor Discovery – Fun Activities
Local Golf Clubs…..
Macdonald Spey Valley Golf Course – Dave Thomas designed Championship course- 01479 812920 – Spey Valley G.C – Significantly reduced green fee, only £55, for Great North Lodges guests, just quote Great North Lodges by phone. Complimentary club hire (subject to availability).
Boat of Garten Golf and Tennis Club – 01479 831282 Reduced green fee, only £40, for Great North Lodges guests, just quote discount code NorG01 by phone or online.
Kingussie G.C – 01540 661600
Carrbridge G.C – 01479 841623
Grantown on Spey G.C – 01479 872029
Castle Stuart Golf Links – Home of the 2016 Scottish Open – 01463 796111
- Highland Fishing
- Fishing Guide – Rivers Edge: Angling for all abilities for info please email – email@example.com
- Fishing Season is Salmon and Sea Trout – 11 February – 30 September.
Brown Trout and Char – 15 March – 6 October.
Pike – No closed Season.
Fishing permits can be obtained the Post Office and fishing equipment can be hired here – Mortimers of Speyside.
Food & Drink …..
Catering….Fresh, local food (Quality food boxes, oven ready meals or a fully catered private chef experience)
- Pro Fish Services – Fish Specialists Myrtlefield Shopping Centre PH22 1RH Aviemore
01479 810576 – Family run fish shop, providing the freshest local produce including fish, shellfish and crustaceans.
- The Big Cheese Making Company Simple, fast, fresh cheese made by you. Great activity for all.
- firstname.lastname@example.org. Private dining in your lodge with cathy Devlin.
- The Highland Kitchen – Freelance chef, based in the Cairngorms National Park.
- The Speyside Kitchen – Bespoke catering service and Made to Order oven ready food boxes delivered to your door – 01479 873716 email@example.com
- Gillys Kitchen – Highland caterer, based in the Cairngorms National Park
- Elephants in the Pantry – An independant store in Grantown on Spey High Street providing self catering hampers. Delivered to your door or available for collection.
Fitness, Beauty Therapy and Yoga…..
Fitness at 58 degrees – Based here in the stunning Cairngorms, Fitnessat58degrees offers fitness retreats here and all over the world. They also offer daily guided walks, bootcamps and fun team building activities.
Aviemore Beauty & Alternative therapy centre – More than just a beauty salon, Aviemore Beauty is an alternative therapy centre too. An extensive range of therapies are on offer, and you can expect the highest standard of treatments from carefully selected local therapists. Two large treatment rooms, with mood lighting and soft relaxing music ensure clients feel completely at ease, allowing body and mind to relax.
The Retreat, Aviemore – The Retreat in Aviemore offers all pampering services from Hair Styling to Sunbeds and for that special event whether its for a Birthday, Hen night , Wedding or just because you have not seen your friends in a while, a Pamper Party from the Retreat is the perfect way to get together and REALLY CHILL OUT.
Cairngorm Beauty Therapy – Cairngorm Beauty Therapy is a brand new luxurious spa and beauty facility in Aviemore, in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. With expert therapists, fresh and relaxing treatment rooms, Cairngorm Beauty Therapy is a sanctuary in the Highlands dedicated to soothing away the stresses of life, rejuvenating and reenergising the body and allow you to indulge your senses.
Total Yoga, Highlands Fancy your own in-lodge massage or bespoke Yoga session? A professional massage service during your stay. Catering for a simple pampering back massage or something deeper to soothe away those tired muscles after your days full of outdoor activities. Easy to book, just get in touch with your requirements firstname.lastname@example.org
Juicy Detox Yoga & Fitness Weeks/Weekends in the Cairngorm National Park – Contact Lisa Lawson on www.facebook.com/lisalawsoncoach
or email email@example.com
DugsWelcome – online dog friendly guide to Edinburgh, Scotland, the UK and beyond brought to you by the Dugs n’ Pubs team.
Dog Friendly Scene – Enjoy Life with your dog! Find great dog friendly places to stay, eat, or visit with your dog.
Strathspey Veterinary Centre – 01479 872252
Local Bike Hire…..
Local Taxi Services/Transport…..
Aviemore Taxis – 01479 811111 – 01479 810118 A family business, have been trusted since 1987 for local runs, airport transfers and tourist trips. We have 9 vehicles, 4 and 8 seaters, and can carry from 1 to 8 passengers in safety and comfort. Inquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org
Gerry’s Aviemore Taxis – 01479 849072
Weir’s Aviemore – 01479 810141
JGA’s Taxis Aviemore – 01479 811520
Highland Yaks – Adventure Transport and Private Hire, transport and logistics for your adventures – 07704 987325
Aviemore Car Rental 01479 811463
Macdonald’s Self Drive, Aviemore 01479 811444
Aviemore Self Drive Car Hire 07964 284150
Useful Telephone Numbers….
NHS 24 – 111
Your Perfect Smile Dental Clinic, Aviemore – 01479 812846, Grantown on Spey Clinic – 01479 872107
Aviemore Health Centre – 01479 810258
Aviemore Dental Clinic – 01479 810301
Post Office, Aviemore – 01479 811056, Boat of Garten – 01479 831527, Grantown on Spey – 01479 872563
Police Scotland – 101